- Disagree with premise. It's not capitalism that's evil, it's greed that's evil. Proposing to replace "capitalism" with "democracy" is a non-sequitur to me.
- Surely the solution is to control the influence of lobbyists on congress?
- The Catholic priest railing against "a system that benefits from propaganda" was tough to take.
- Marcy Kaptur is awesome.
- I'm sorry, but everyone in that movie was really fat. On the plus side, it did give me a cool idea for an art piece: A really overweight Jesus on the cross. Take the iconic crucifixion image and replace the inappropriate skinny white dude with a much plumper white dude... someone who better reflects the average BMI of modern America.
- Why were those people burning their furniture? Couldn't they donate it to someone?
- That "plutocracy" memo was interesting. I mean, surely everyone knows that's how they think... but it's rare you get to see it in black and white.
gribbly.org* is the online home of Cameron Brown. Creative director, designer, musician, mediocre programmer, caffeine addict. Seattle
This is where I accumulate interesting links... If you're looking for coherence or context, you're in the wrong place!
Thoughts on "Capitalism: A Love Story"
Saw Michael Moore's latest yesterday. Thoughts: